Sunday, January 7, 2007

The Power of a Baby's Smile

Nothing affects me more than a smile on my child’s face.

My child’s smile can brighten my mood in an instant.

My child’s smile can change my world.

Taking the time to share a happy moment with them is one of my life’s most cherished pleasures.

It’s why I do what I do.

It validates my purpose and dissolves all my doubts and fears.

My little 3 month old baby boy isn’t stingy with his smiles. He throws them my way every chance he gets; it often stops me dead in my tracks. Nothing is better than that smile; that pure happy grin. If I could, I would spend all day just holding him so he could look into my eyes and warm my soul.

Thank you my sweet little boy, I love you. I’ll do my best to make sure all your days are filled with smiles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it.

Isn't it amazing how infectious those smiles are???

Makes you want to bottle it up and keep it forever..

OhTheJoys said...

Absolutely.

(They are lucky they are cute after all...)

Angel said...

That gave me chills. The pure innocence in the smile is what is amazing.

I still feel that way with my kids and they are 6 & 5. I wish I could have kept them younger forever to hold and rock and kiss. I have told them for years to 'stop growing' but they fail to listen. The one thing I have said so often that they know the answer...."Who loves you baby?" And my kids answer, "Mommy." My daugther answers, "Mommy, daddy [brother's name, dog's name, cat's name and fish's name]" She's thorough.

Keep enjoying those precious smiles. It's like stopping to smell the roses. You have to enjoy them when they are in bloom.

LID said...

See... you all get IT! Because you're parents. I often feel sorry for people who want to, but can't, for a variety of reasons, experience the joys (no pun Jess) of their own children. While it's definitely a roller coaster ride I wouldn't have it any other way.
Joys - Right, they are lucky LOL!
Angel- Perfect... Flowers in bloom, If only I was that eloquent.
Thanks folks!