Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sometimes You Just Need Your Mommy!

“Daddy, where’s Mommy?”

“She’s had to go to work honey, she’ll be home later.”

“But who’ll take care o’me?”

“I will, sweetie.”

“No… can I talk to Mommy on the phone?”

[After a phone call to Mommy where she reassured him she’ll be home as soon as she can.]

“Mommy be home soon to take care’o’me!

“Okay.”

[Literally, five minutes later...]

“Daddy, can I have somefin’ to eat?”

“Daddy, can you help me in the potty?”

“Daddy, can you get my blankie?”

“Daddy, can you put my shows on?”

“Daddy, can you get me somfin’ to drink?”


“Sure Buddy! See I can take care of you too!”

“No… Mommy takes care’o’me, you get me stuff!”


Sometimes you just need your Mommy…

11 comments:

Mike said...

Aww man, the boy is onto us. He has stay at home dads all figured out.

I almost spit out my Dr Pepper at the end of that post. Good stuff.

LID said...

He's got a point though... If you're gonna suck up -- it's best to suck up to the one with a regular paycheck, don't 'ya think?

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

"You get me stuff!" That is too freakin' cute!

Angel said...

Awwwwww that is cute and sweet. Thank you for sharing that.

Mike said...

LID. I know that is how we all do it around here.

Payday coming. Be nice to mommy.

OhTheJoys said...

Ouch. The story of my life too. Dad is King in House of Joy.

Angel said...

I know you are busy being an excellent dad.... when you have time and a moment to take a breath.... you have been Tagged

Elle said...

See I have the EXACT opposite problem. My daughters cry when daddy goes to work, and ask about him all day. When daddy comes home... to heck with mommy!! I guess it goes to show that they take the stay-at-home parent for granted even more!

Angel said...

Yep... mom's seem to always win out. Sorry dads.

So, I hope everyone is feeling better!!!

Anonymous said...

How so?the. You're selling a professionalduct (your best guide book) [url=http://www.cheapoutdoorjackets.com/]the north face jackets[/url] perform along with ingenuity even while setting up the specific American native outfits to deal with. [url=http://www.cheapoutdoorjackets.com/]cheap north face jackets clearance[/url] Besides although high heels can cripple and damage and harm us, they can also be empowering.