Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bleach... My Dear Friends, BLEACH!

Inspired by the events of the past few days

In lieu of Tool Box Thursday, I’m offering a tip provided by the Mommy. As most of you know, the Mommy is a restaurant manager for a large national company. Ever wonder how a restaurant cleans and disinfects its surfaces?

Bleach, my dear friends… Bleach!

Piping hot water mixed with a generous amount of straight bleach combined with a clean, white terry cloth rag is the ONLY Board of Health approved method for disinfecting surfaces. No wimpy, non-caustic cleaners here! No “safe for all surfaces” sprays for me, folks! Its basic bleach and hot water, approved by the Board of Health!

Little known fact… a restaurant can be heavily fined if they don’t have “bleach buckets” in certain areas! These buckets are cleaned and freshened throughout the day to provide maximum effectiveness.

Today, I will endeavor to clean all hard surfaces with my “wonder solution.” Hopefully, exterminating the little guys who got my little guy sick… bastards!

Beware, this concoction is extremely unforgiving to manicures, clothing and nasal passages… but it works. In his four years on this earth the Helper has only puked twice!

He’s only had ONE ear infection and I can count the colds he’s had on one hand!

As they say, “the proof is in the puddin’”

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to work in a restaurant and absolutely hated wiping down the tables. Dipping your hands in that hot bleachy water...yuck. But, your right, it does work.

Gretchen said...

Wear grubby clothes. I always end up with bleach spatters.

Hope everyone is better soon!

HealthySherry said...

Dear Dad,

Get rid of the bleach - there is link between it and ADD/ADHD. Read my Blog: http://www.switchtosaferproducts.info/

Also you can go to Switch To Safer Products.com to get a full list of the toxic products in your home.

I wish you all the best.

Healthy Sherry

Terry said...

Also works great to remove those unsightly water stains on walls and ceilings.. Here's hoping you never have those, but just in case!!

Gina said...

Bleach is great but be careful....Once I cleaned my shower with ammonia and bathtub with ammonia....it still wasn't clean so I used bleach....and oh boy......it's like chemistry class...you make chlorine gas...which is toxic!!!! I almost fainted....now I remember only one cleaner per surface....at a time!!!

Gina

Angel said...

Thanks for the tip! I use my Scunci steamer and Isopropyl alcohol to sterilize things in this house during illnesses. I hope that is working. Bleach scares me.

Anonymous said...

STOP POISIONING OUR CHILDREN!!!!!!!

Get rid of all bleach and all chemical products for that matter, They are awful and dangerous if you would like more information on where and how to get safer products including an approved product that is just as effective as bleach ALL NATURAL! OKAY FOR USE IN DAYCARES!!!!!!!!!!!
CALL ME OR EMAIL ME FOR MORE INFORMATION

Jessica Houck
530-534-0409
530-523-6107
www.jehouck@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

colors of your choice. It really is probably the desire for simple comfort [url=http://www.vipoutletnorthface.com/]north face outlet online[/url] make holiday, north face jackets can easily best your own heat in nearly [url=http://www.cheapnorthfacejacketsm.com/]north face jackets cheap[/url] Outdoor Jackets also produced by lower, yet it is different from others, created