Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Why is it...?


This list could go on forever, so I’ve limited it to only today’s issues. As parents, things come up that always beg the question, “Why is it….?” Here’s today’s offering:

Why is it…

… that a well fed, clean, sleeping 4 month old will immediately awake when his father starts running water for a shower… yet sleep through an hours long vacuuming session?

… a requested snack, once prepared, is summarily deemed “yucky!”

… when you can’t take any more… more comes?

… that the kitchen garbage is always full?

… three men can’t seem to nap at the same time?

… if three men do manage to fall asleep at the same time… the dogs’ bladder’s reach maximum capacity at the point all six eyes shut?

… a four month old immediately regurgitates upon being dressed in a clean garment?

… a baby will wait until their diaper is off to poop?

… a perfectly made bed begs a four year old to jump in it?

… a recently cleaned pair of eyeglasses needs the adornment of little finger prints?

… when the coffee maker is clean and you have a full bag of beans, the milk instantly sours and the sugar is empty?

… I can’t stop this list?

… once you’ve cleaned your junk and spam email folders they instantly show a new item?

… that it’s always the favorite toy that disappears, and never the old crap?

… that when asked, a four year old’s response is always, “I don’t remember!”?

Any help in answering these questions would be greatly appreciated! I’ve seemed to have lost all sense of logic and reason in the past few years…

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because you can't train toddlers/babies...they train you.

Love this list!

Mike said...

Because you are not using enogh voltage on the shock collars.

LID said...

Janet, I have to agree with Mike... I'm turnin' up the juice and we'll see who's boss!

Angel said...

I can't help you right now as you have already surmised. I'm so loopy I couldn't find .... oh I won't say, this is a family blog. LOL

Mike said...

Wooo Hooo! Score one for AtHomeDaddy!

In your face, Janet!






OK, now I fell a little bad. I really was just kidding Janet.

Angel said...

Oh please, Mike. You loved being right. You know it. If your house is like mine this is said often by hubby, "Hey! I was right? Mark it on the calendar."

Mike said...

Oh yeah, if it was anyone in this house, it would be nothing unusual.

But Janet mey not find it as funny as I do.

WHich is easy to believe, because I found it ab-so-freakin'-lutley hilarious.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Why ask why?? Drink Bud Dry...

that was just my first thought...
it used to be a commercial!

Actually... I agree w/ Janet... the wonder mom!!

Unknown said...

Hahah!! a nice post indeed.


all the best
Carol