Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Magical Wire Coat Hanger

Unlike “Mommy Dearest” I thoroughly approve of wire coat hangers. Not necessarily for hanging clothes, but, as an invaluable household tool. That's right men, a tool. Every house has to have one of these wonders.

First, take a wire coat hanger and unbend it, if needed use pliers or a bench vise. Get it as straight as possible. Second, bend a small hook at the end. Congratulations, you’re finished! Hang this tool on a nail behind the basement door and sleep well tonight for you are the proud owner of The Magical Wire Coat Hanger.

“Hey buddy, be careful with that little car. If you keep doing that it’ll go under the couch.”
“Wheeeeeee!”
“Oh no, time for the hanger.”
I get my trusty hanger from its nail and easily retrieve that little car from under the couch. No muss, no fuss. And my back thanks me!

Vacuuming is a daily task in my house. With two little boys, two dogs and a cat there’s no chance to skip a day. Sometimes the vacuuming takes place twice or even three times in a 24 hour period. This greatly increases the chance that something will get stuck in the hose. No amount of shaking or banging seems to loosen the obstruction. Alas, dog fur and toddler socks can block air flow better that a concrete wall. With my handy dandy hanger the blockage is removed and in a flash I’m back to work.

One of those pesky alphabet magnets has somehow fallen off the refrigerator. Hmmm, I wonder how that could’ve happened. Anyway, I have two options; I could wait until the weekly moving of the fridge for cleaning (doesn’t everyone do this) or reach underneath with my magic hanger and retrieve the culprit. My boys can’t learn their ABC’s without an R so I opt for the hanger. After a little fishing around out comes the R, last week’s shopping list, some more dog fur, an S that been missing for at least a week – maybe it’s time for the “weekly” clean behind the fridge party.

If you don’t have one of these devices yet you don’t know what you’re missing. Remember, do not accept imitations; use only the original Magical Wire Coat Hanger.
You’ll be glad you did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

belstaff outdoor jackets, North Face jackets and so on hold. Northern Encounter [url=http://www.cheapoutdoorjackets.com/]Cheap north face for sale[/url] What's more, the confidence they give us is evident. [url=http://www.northfaceoutletsm.com/]north face outlet online[/url] to use most of these Halloween outfits each and every time they set up Renaissance