Thursday, November 30, 2006

Laugh or Cry: A Top 10 List

Below is a list of statements that can either inspire laughter or tears. Please feel free to add to this as you see fit:


1. “Dad, c’mon see what I made…” or just “Dad, c’mon see…”
You either leave his room the proud parent of a genius or running to the garage for your shop vac.

2. “Hey, watch what I can do…”
A variation on, “Look Ma, No Hands”, always have a cordless phone in hand with 911 on speedial.

3. “Daddy, the cat doesn’t feel good…” or “Dad, the cat’s sad…”
Hmmm, I wonder why?

4. “Dad, your baby’s cryin’”
My baby? ...Brotherhood seems to be a part-time gig.

5. “I was just playing with the water…”
You rate this one by; Paper Towel, Large Bath Towel or, again, running for the shop vac.

6. “It was yucky, I put it in the garbage…”
What does a 3 ½ year old define as “yucky”?

7. “Don’t worry, I can fix it…”
Wishful thinking!

8. “Can you do me a favor?”
That depends?

9. “Wait here, I’ll be right back…”
Okay, I know I should go follow him, but what’s life without surprises.

10. “I was just cleaning up…”
Looks good, buddy! – Can I help? (Where’s that shop vac?)

No comments: