Monday, December 11, 2006

The Saga of the Christmas Lights: Part 1

Back in early October, Big Boy and I were in our local Lowe’s home improvement store. Light bulbs? Batteries? I can’t remember. Anyway, we came across the section for outdoor holiday lights. This year I need to replace my outside illumination, as last year’s large icicles destroyed my lighting stock. Low and behold, an entire section of the icicle lights that I like. I made a mental note to come back and get them, much to the disappointment of Big Boy, but we’re on a budget here, and it was only October.

Well, yesterday, Big Boy and I ventured to the store to purchase our new lights, as a recent cold front had broken, and it was already December 10th. Also, every night, my son stands on our front porch and admires all my neighbor’s displays (that were all in place Thanksgiving weekend.) Yeah, I know, worst Dad EVER! It’s amazing how fast you can go from Best to Worst in a preschooler’s eyes. Well, that’s right, you guessed it; None of our local home centers had any lights left. Oh No! I’m in a little trouble here, for I was continually reminded that, “We NEEEEED them!”

Upon arriving back home, empty handed, The Mommy suggested I try Target and Wal-Mart, as she has recently purchased them there for her job. So today, Big Boy and I will venture out again, as it’s still above 50 degrees, and I’m only 14 days shy of Christmas. I’ll keep you posted!

No comments: